Only weeks left until applications close for new Top-Level Domains19th March 2012
Melbourne, Australia – 19th March 2012 – With less than 25 days until the application window for ICANN's (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) new Top-Level Domain program closes, ARI Registry Services is urging clients to make adequate preparations to submit their applications before the 12 April deadline.
The last two weeks of March will be the last chance for potential applicants to commence their application and secure their "slot" in ICANN's Top-Level Domain Application System (TAS). Those who fail to secure a slot in the TAS will not qualify to submit their new Top-Level Domain application prior to the 12 April deadline.
There are two critical deadlines that prospective applicants need to be aware of:
- By 23:59 UTC on 29 March: Applicants must register a TAS spot. Please see ICANN for more information.
- By 23:59 UTC on 12 April: Applicants must ensure their application is completed and submitted.
Please refer to ICANN for more detailed information.
ICANN plans to publicly reveal all the applications it receives on 1 May.
Since the application window opened on 12 January, ARI Registry Services has been prominent within the media as a leading authority on the new Top-Level Domain program. Some of our recent announcements include:
- 12 January: Technology and finance industries to dominate new domain applications
- 19 January: ARI Registry Services signs 21 contracts in the first week of applications
- 2 February: StarHub selects ARI Registry Services and Melbourne IT to help secure '.starhub'
- 17 February: Australian Football League to apply for 'Dot AFL' Internet Domain
- 22 February: ARI Registry Services wins tender for .melbourne and .sydney domains
- 2 March: The Directi Group appoints ARI Registry Services for new TLD project
- 9 March: iiNet embraces the future of the Internet with .brand application
About ARI Registry Services
ARI Registry Services (formerly AusRegistry International) is one of the top companies globally with the technology and expertise to activate, implement and manage new Top-Level Domains. Leveraging ten years of experience as a TLD registry operator, ARI Registry Services will provide new Top-Level Domain applicants with the same software and consulting services that currently drive the .au (Australia), the .ae (United Arab Emirates), the .qa (Qatar) and .om (Oman) country codes. Additionally, ARI Registry Services is the first TLD registry to operate non-Latin, country code Top-Level Domains and a global leader in the continued innovation and expansion of the Domain Name System.